Dean of Students
1068 Carlisle Hwy
Charlotte, Michigan 48813
Regular Day 8:35 a.m. - 3:31 pm
Half Day 8:35 a.m. - 11:35 a.m., No lunch
4th Grade Lunch: 12:19- 12:54
5th Grade Lunch: 11:51- 12:26
6th Grade Lunch: 11:31- 12:06
Charlotte Upper Elementary will foster a collaborative relationship with our community and provide a safe, engaging environment that guides and supports the academic, social, and emotional development of all learners.
Wonder Movie Showing
Homecoming Sidewalk Decorationg Downtown
Celebrating our Differences
Learning Made Fun
PBS Fun Event
Positive Post It Day 2017
PTO Hosted End-Of-The_Year Party
Social Studies Project
Staff vs Student Kickball Championship
Welcome to Charlotte Upper Elementary!
The Upper Elementary is proud to be a part of the Charlotte Community. You will not find a community more committed to education than ours.
Our school has worked hard over the years. The 2017-2018 school year was no exception. We had a lot successes this school year.
Did you know…
- that we have streamlined our academic services to better support our students. This has resulted in the highest end-of-year screener scores in fourth grade reading in three years.
- our students raised over $200 on their own for local charities.
- for the third year in a row our Robotics Team qualified for the Robotics State Championship Tournament. For the first time our team also made it to the World Championship where they placed in the top 80.
- we revised our Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports system. These changes can be seen under Principal’s Corner.
- All of our current science teachers are trained in NGSS.
- We added a Student Support Specialist to our staff.
We look forward to you being with us for the 2018-2019 school year. We will be embarking on many new adventures that are sure to enhance student’s learning experiences like…
- deepening our academic services further and creating a system which uses data to adapt to each individual classroom’s needs. For more information on this see What I Need and Student Learning Objectives under Principal’s Corner.
- deepening our social and emotional services using PBIS, Second Step, and dedicated social and emotional instructional time. For more information on this see Social Emotional Supports under Principal’s Corner.
- encouraging students to reflect on their learning in order to build their confidence as learners.
We will innovate and explore new ways to provide the best possible education for all students. Every student is capable of great things. Our goal is to provide the programs and supports to allow each student’s greatness to come out and shine for all to see.
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" -Yoda